Skip to Content
We've provided many customers with quality trailers, parts and service over the years. Since safety is paramount when hauling trailers and other heavy equipment, here are seven quick checkpoints we'd like to share that you should review before getting on the road.
1. First, double check that your load is fully secure and safe in the trailer. For example, you can make sure you have the right ratchet tie downs for your cargo or that it's not illegally oversized.
2. Next, look at your trailer's breakaway battery and breakaway switch function. If it becomes unhooked for some reason, it will apply the brakes until you can secure the trailer.
3. Check to make sure your brake lights and marker lights are working properly.
4. Secure your safety chains and look them over to see if they are in good condition.
5. Inspect the wheels of the trailer. Look for shredded tires, worn tracks and any other signs the wheels may need additional maintenance before you hit the road.
6. Check the tire pressure. The VIN tag will have the correct tire pressure listed.
7. Double check that your trailer is not overloaded. If you're not sure what the maximum weight or size is for the trailer, examine the Gross Vehicle Weight Rating on the vehicle's VIN tag.
And that's it! We hope you enjoyed those helpful checkpoints. For more information about our new and used available trailers, please contact us today or call 708-258-6900. Of course you can also stop by our newly remodeled facility in person if you are in the Chicago area. Country Supply, Inc. is a proud authorized dealer for many brand name trailers, including XL Specialized Trailer and Princeton Piggyback Forklifts. We are a full-service dealer that provides fabrication, parts, service, warranty work and welding. We can happily assist you with leasing or buying trailers, as well as provide parts with full warranty.
Disclaimer: Please note that all information, photos and prices are subject to
change or correction without notice. All liability expressly disclaimed.
Copyright © 1996-2016 Interstate Online Software, Inc. Inventory maintained and updated by
SOARR Inventory Management System.
Login to Online Office.